Saturday, April 14, 2012

30 Days of Photographs II - Day 14



Forty-two

I'm pretty sure there were no lions in Camelot.


"Hitting the wall" is a term used to describe the point at which a long distance runner or cyclist experiences extreme fatigue and, in some cases, hallucinations due the loss of glycogen in the body.

This term might be appropriately applied to this 30-day 'Marathon of Madness' to describe the point at which a participant may experience extreme exhaustion and, in most cases, hysteria due to the lack of photographic ideas for the daily themes.

I hit that wall yesterday.  With very few hours of sleep and having so many things to do, my thoughts were in a deep fog leaving me completely desolate of ideas for today's entry.  But just as I was about to succumb to the pressures of this challenge, a vision appeared in my mind.  Like peering through the mists of Avalon, there it was:  My Camelot!

Many of the houses and residential complexes here on our island are surrounded by walls, some being more ornate than others and some, like the one in the photo, slightly on the extreme side of exterior decoration.  This is a private complex, is surrounded by four walls that are similarly adorned and is named "Camelot".  Really!

As for the number of lions appearing on the pillars and in reliefs along the walls, I have no idea.  I lost count at forty-two.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is part of the 30 Days of Photographs II challenge, spawned by Ziva & BonyMike (a.k.a. MikeWJ). Please visit the others that are contributing to this lunacy:




No comments:

Post a Comment